Thursday 30 January 2014

Global Game Jam

Last weekend I took part in the Global Game Jam event at Abertay University, my team and I created a game in around 44 hours, I was the modeller, technical artist, and animator, unfortuneately because our game Idea was quite ambitious it ended up not being nearly as polished as I would have liked but I gained alot of valuable experience including UV mapping more effectively and I also learnt how to bake ambient occlusion maps on Maya. Our game is available at the link below and is best when played with an X-box controller.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113151635/Global%20Game%20Jam%202014/1.0.html

Controls (Keyboard / Xbox Controller):
-WASD / Left analog stick to move
-Space Bar / A to blink (short teleport)
-ctrl, left mouse click / X to attack (projectile while moving, AOE while standing still)
-V / B to switch between the past and the present

Enemies only spawn in the present but you can not progress far in the past

No comments:

Post a Comment