Monday 20 January 2014

Desert and crystal environments

Here are some of the 3D environment tests that I have done and not yet posted though they are relatively old now.

The first desert piece was to test how well smoothed objects and faceted objects would work together, although it looks ok in the end I think I prefer having the entire scene faceted for visual conginuity.








The second Crystal Cave piece was too look at how glow effects could be used within faceted 3D environments, although it looks okay in this piece I now know that there aren't many points that I will actually need it in the final piece and if I was going to do it I'd need to make the model glow in UDK, the test was useful however for using the connect and dubplicating models to create variation and make new shapes very easily in the faceted style, the rocks around the crystals for example are all made up of spheres duplicated and connected I have found this is to be a useful modelling practice within the aesthetic style.









Below are some tests I did importing these two scenes into UDK, this was done before the Pipeline test and highlighted what some of the major issues could be, issues to do with normals, and models importing correctly which I have discussed previously in the pipeline test.



No comments:

Post a Comment