Friday 8 November 2013

Low Poly Mountain Test

I wanted to try and work on my low poly design so I created a mountain out of a cube that I smoothed and then triangulated on maya. I took two renders of the mountain one with smooth shading turned on and another with smooth shading turned off, finally I combined them on photoshop using an overlay and reducing the opacity to 70% the results are shown below.

 without smooth shading turned on.

  with smooth shading turned on.

 smooth shading image as background with the no smooth shading image as the overlay.

no smooth shading image as background with the smooth shading image as the overlay.

The last picture is getting closer to the sort of aesthetic I want to be able to achieve though it might further be improved by a simple texture, more lights, ambient occlusion, or a shader which I will further explore in coming weeks, I would also like to look into achieving this aesthetic in a game engine like UDK.

No comments:

Post a Comment