Tuesday 18 March 2014

Eighth Supervisor meeting

At my eighth supervisor meeting we discussed how the presentation went, and I showed Ken and the others in the group the videos I had made to show people in a focus group. Ken quized me briefly on what I was trying to make people feel and how I was going about it in the scene. I explained all of the things I had taken into consideration and the desired feeling that is meant to be created, though I need to write it all down I can't just keep saying it from my head.

Ken seemed a bit annoyed that I was going to change my question again but I explained that the project itself won't change, the question will just be altered to include more of what the project actually entails, after explaining this he seemed less concerned.

I also discussed the focus group and my idea of doing two and gauging the different responses, and even if they are unsuccessful it is fine because its all research, but in order to do my focus group I need to clarify the emotional response I expect and why, but of course during the focus group I will not let them know at all what emotional response I am trying to convey and will hopefully get mixed perceptions, it will also be interesting to see if other peoples perceptions can influence each other or if they talk about similar themes they may have in common. So far the people I have showed my work often give interesting and differing opinions on what the piece makes them feel but there are often certain elements that they have in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment