Tuesday 18 March 2014

Crit Presentation Semester 2

Overall I think it was my most successful presentation yet despite some of the videos not being full rendered. The main problem as agreed upon by the lecturers was that my question does not quite explain the research and experimentation I have been doing, Ryan said that he really likes my project and he can see the project there but the question doesn't really cover everything because I'm not only using light and geometric forms to create emotions I'm also experimenting with colour, movement, composition, and representing forms in evocative ways.

Lynn really liked my more sporadic abstract works and thought it would be really interesting to apply that further within my animation and animation tests, all the lecturers responded really well to my use of abstraction which was very reassuring considering not so long ago I was very unsure of the value of it.

Brian was really enthusiastic about all of the work, most of all the ice planet scene, and he thought that the visuals were really expressive and he talked about how the visuals are clearly effective at creating emotion. I was really pleased to here his response to the visuals and again felt reassured that there was value to the work and that the emotional I'm trying to create is being created at least to an extent, but I am also really interested how people interpret the work and if it is evocative and makes the viewer think then like a song or painting it doesn't really matter what it's about aslong as there is value in it for the person percieving it.

Altogether I think the presentation went quite well and a lot of the feedback was very positive it has given me alot of confidence to continue working the way I'm working and has made me feel like there is more value to my work than I previously thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment