Thursday 13 February 2014

Pitch Presentation Semester Two

I think my pitch went quite well, all the lecturers seemed happy with the work I was producing, Lynn pointed out that there was still a disconnect between my experiments and my question but this shoul be easily remedied by doing more tests that focus directly on how the lights and placement of them works in order to define form and evoke an emotion, what I had done previously is more focused on colour which is important but not what I'm exploring in particular. More varying higher contrast tests could really help with this.

There was also some conflicting feedback on the symbolism with the piece from Ryan and Brian. Brian was interested by the fact I was looking at some of Daniel Libeskind's work and said that Daniel describes himself as an architect and a poet, he suggested that I think more about symbolism and explore it further. Ryan thought I would benefit from less blunt imagery in order to not guide the viewers thought process as much. Although these opinions slightly conflict I think I can take away aspects from both of them.

Ryan also suggested I look at Mandelbulb which seems to be a 3D fractal technique that is really incredible and very geometric in alot of ways, it is also an incredible example of how light defines form and how it can be aesthetically pleasing an evocative, here is an example below of one of my favourite videos I have seen of it so far though there are many examples.




Other useful things from the pitch are that I should incorporate more geometry in my environment, and I should perhaps iterate on my work more starting a piece again from scratch seemed to yield goo results for others in the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment