Wednesday 2 October 2013

Virtual Reality Research

I got out a book today by Jennifer Whyte called "Virtual Reality: and the built environment" the book addresses a lot of interesting issues with virtual reality, how it has developed, why it is useful to businesses, what sort of future there could be in businesses using virtual reality (considering the book was written 11 years ago that future maybe soon).

I am very interested in the idea of using virtual reality to help display buildings before they are built, 3D art or even to show off a new product, and with new technology like the 'Oculus Rift' the ideas put across in this book are more relevant than ever. There are many possibilities with using the rift to show off all sorts of products before they are made, I believe people can have a much better idea if something is good or not if they can physically see it infront of them and perhaps even interact with it. hopefully after reading the book further I will be able to judge how I should proceed with my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment