Friday 27 September 2013

First Post

Well it's a busy year ahead, looking forward to doing my own focused project. So far I have done some research into useful books, currently I am reading "Game Development Essentials: Game Level Design" which goes over level design as a whole, as well as the games industry and its history.

My project will likely consist of a 3D game level that explores the way staging, lighting, and composition affect the immersion and the overall player experience, I'm also interested to see if a 3D level can be considered modern art when approached in a way focusing on the contextual relevance and meaning behind the piece.

my plan of action (like a to do list) will be updated twice a week so that I manage my time correctly and give myself realistic deadlines to maximize the amount of work I push myself to do, I am also going to strive to motivate myself more but I'm hoping with a goal in sight and a project I really enjoy it shouldn't be a problem.

My plan of action for Monday the 30th
-get a good start on my 4th year blog
-read over the honors year handbook
-begin working on the visual style

No comments:

Post a Comment